Pages

Sunday, January 1, 2012

Winter Break

This Winter Break was AWESOME!!!!!! It was also the best Christmas celebration our family has ever had. 

It first started on Tuesday night before school ended. I dreaded the fact that I had to go to school the next day because my mind was definitely not focused on my studies, rather than what was about to come later that day. My sister who flew in from California, Theo, had a surprise set for my parents. She told me on Sunday night that she secretly flew in my other sister, Lilian, and her family from North Carolina and that they are arriving on Tuesday night. 

Finally on Tuesday night, Theo gave me the heads up and I stayed with my parents in their bedroom to keep them distracted. Quiet like cats, Lilian and her children, Kaylee, Sophie, and Etienne, came up the stairs and yelled "SURPRISE!". My parents were in shock. Their mouths gaped open, eyes wide, and finally a smile erupted on their face as they warmly greeted Lilian and her children.
From left to right: Me, Sophie, Kaylee, Etienne.
They are using my chalk pastels from school to create
beautiful pictures while I do my art project.
We had a full house! My other sister, Prairie, decided to stay over for the night to spend more time with the family, and my brother came back from college. Just to recap, we had my parents, three older sisters, my brother, two nieces, one nephew, and myself packed in this medium sized house. We finally had everyone in the family together after a long while. That night was wonderful, but somewhat sucked for me...

I'm a very light sleeper. I wasn't able to go to bed until 4:00 am......yep..... Some of my family members decided to stay up and talk. Also I was kicked out of my room by my Theo and Sophie. Where did I sleep? On the living room floor. It was pleasant, I could hear everything around the house. School on Wednesday was a joy for me. I felt like I was going to loose my head since I was acting loopy all day. (I love being EXTREMELY sleep deprived for my goofy character comes out.)

Next few days were mostly sleep, sleep, SLEEP! But it wasn't all about being lazy. Some of my sisters went shopping for Christmas Presents, we frequently went shopping in preparation for the Christmas Eve and Christmas feast, constant house cleaning, and most importantly the essentials for the ten people currently living in the house. (We have to remember to take care of our selves during this busy season too!)

Christmas Eve was quite memorable. We went to church as usual, then had an intimate Christmas Eve dinner. Right after dinner, we had to open presents before midnight because my mom had to go do hemodialysis since she has kidney failure. It was quite exciting to see what everyone got and their expressions. Everyone smiled and was thankful for what they got. I especially enjoyed watching the kids as they opened their presents like hasty monsters, destroying the wrapping paper just to see what's inside. I got to be Santa this Christmas because of my kick ass red footy pjs. I also found a wig for myself to wear...

Here's my family! My dad is in his red blue soccer jersey, my brother in blue, my mom in yellow,  Theo in the white sweater, Prairie in front with Sophie and Kaylee, I'm in my red footy PJs next to my grandma, Lilian is to the right of me with her husband Pao and son Etienne. Prairie's boyfriend in in the back with the white and gray striped polo (behind my brother). 

SILLY PICTURE!! :P
Christmas Day was quite busy. Children running all over the house, relatives all eating and chatting away, and the cousins all hanging about and catching up on life. 

For the next week, we spent a lot of time by just being together. We played many board games, walked about, watched movies, cooked together, everything. Sadly before New Years Eve, everyone had to leave. The house is once again quite and lonely. I miss everyone already. Especially my silly nieces and nephew. I love to tease and play around with them. 

I spent New Years with my parents as we watched the ball drop. As that ball dropped, I kept thinking about what has happened this past year and the years before. How I'm currently a Senior in High School, how much more mature I've become, how I have improved in academics, and how everyone was like and how they have changed. The New Year has come. I'm going to be in college next fall. Once again all of my family members will be over in the summer for my grandmother's reunion. So many exciting things to happen in the next chapter in my life. 





No comments:

Post a Comment