Pages

Sunday, December 18, 2011

BWAHAHAHAHAA!! Risk....

Well talk about risk... I'm risking my grade by turning in my blog post past the intended time... This is a very bad example of risk that people should not follow. But in return, by risking my blog post, I was able to clean up the whole house in preparation for CHRISTMAS!!! Whoooo hooo soooo excited!!! I could also risk not going to school for the next three days to further enjoy my break.....Therefore leading to dropping a letter grade in each class...MUAHAHAHAHA naaaaaah I'm not going to do that.

Anyways, today's topic is risk. For me I feel like risk is a good thing.  Risk allows people to do things out of order, to put interest in their life. Risk can be anything as small as getting out of the house to as big as skydiving. The only bad thing that can come from risk depends on how the person looks at the situations.

Take for instance if I were to say a big speech in front of a huge crowd. I'm risking my image, my comfort, everything about me in hopes of pleasing the audience through my speech. Suddenly my legs start to shake, the nerves start setting in, and my speech becomes mixed and child like. People start laughing. I start to feel embarrassed. I take this as a negative experience and run off of the stage crying.

This is one way to react to a risky situation. But there are many other ways to react rather than over analyzing the situation. Realistically, I would feel a slight moment of embarrassment, gather my thoughts, excuse myself for my human moment, then resume my speech. I might even throw in a joke to ease the tension for myself and the audience. Take a deep breath, gather up the courage, and I finish the speech. Afterwards, I would look at the "negative" situation and learn from it. There's no use in submersing oneself in regret. Instead, learn from the situation and move on. This way you would know what to do in order to improve. Or if the same kind of situation were to occur, you would feel immune to the stress of the situation.

So as one can see, risk can be good or bad. Depends on the perspective. Annnnnnnnnnnd good night.
ONLY FEW MORE DAYS TILL WINTER BREAK!! There are going to be soooo many surprises this break. (I plan to keep everyone updated with frequent posts if I'm not too busy.)

No comments:

Post a Comment