Pages

Saturday, October 29, 2011

This is how i dooooooooooooooooooooo!

I am very picky when it comes to writing.
Lately I've been staying up late in order to write my assignments for composition. I try to do all of my other homework when I get home, then I focus all of my energy on composition, so it would around 9:00pm when I actually start. I always do my homework in the living room because I cannot and refuse to do my homework in my room. If I do my homework in my room, I automatically go to sleep. It's just too comfortable! So here I am, sitting in my living room couch, staring at my computer, school papers, folders, and texts from every subject sprawled all over the table like a child's play room, getting ready to write.
Before I write, I make sure my electronic tea kettle is plugged in so that I get hot water through out the whole night. Then, I look into the cupboard to see what kind of tea I want to drink. For late nights, green tea; relaxation, chai tea; for a more earthy feel, oolong. Once the water is up to the temperature I want, I put a tea bag into a FANCY tea cup (I mean, when you have fancy tea cups, why not use it!), pour in the hot water, and watch as the color of the tea disperses throughout the cup. I shake the teabag a few times to make the tea as dark as the water in a lake, I generously add in honey and create a mini whirlpool in my fancy teacup. Some days I'm too inpatient for the electric tea kettle to heat the water, so instead I put water into a normal mug and put it in the microwave for about three minutes. I love it when the water in the mug over boils like a witches cauldron and makes a huge puddle in the microwave, and my mom hates it because it messes up the microwave...Hehehee.... But I need it to be that hot!
The next essential thing I do when I write is to pick out the right mix of music. Bringing my tea over, I set it on the table and log onto youtube. When I feel like a change of songs, I think of the songs I feel like listening to and put it into my watch later category. As of right now, I'm listening to a mix of Coldplay, Final Fantasy piano scores, Enur, Hastune Miku, Hall and Oates, Maroon 5, Lady Gaga, and Pride and Prejudice soundtrack.
I quickly look outside and see that it's dark. The moon shines brightly with the stars crazily spread out through the sky. I wrap myself up like a lettuce head with my favorite Animaniacs blanket to keep myself warm and comfy, strategically place the pillows to support my back, undo my hair to get the blood flowing through my brain, and take a few deep breaths. Writing time. I clear my mind of any distractions and try to think about what I'm writing about. I then put the laptop on my lap and begin typing. I write whatever pops up in my head, disregard any of the mistakes that I'm writing. Like holding my breath under water, I have to take breathers in order to get overwhelmed. Sometimes I zone out and stare at the computer screen like a zombie, or go on youtube and watch random videos like this!

Many times, my mom would come around and berate me about staying up late and tell me to hurry up and go to sleep. Hurry up? How can I do that when I need to spend time and create quality work with my papers! But I understand her concern and am grateful that someone is watching over me. I keep typing until I'm satisfied with my paper.Once I'm satisfied, I pass out and fall asleep. But sometimes when I stay up really late, I take periodical naps that last about thirty minutes and continue writing. That's it, that's what I normally do when I write.

No comments:

Post a Comment